You don’t need to answer all of these questions – the prompts are there to inspire you. Some of these questions might sound a little general, and rather than saying something like “being around my companion 24/7 made it easier for me to work with people as an adult” focus on specific events, like “I had this companion named Carl who had a bizarre habit of humming while he was falling asleep. It was really annoying at first, but one night when I was about to snap at him and wake both of us up, I realized that some things just aren’t worth getting upset over. By the end of the week, I didn’t even notice it anymore. Now…”
Here are some prompts to help get the ideas flowing!
- Share a story about how your mission has influenced your current relationships and/or prepared you for marriage.
- Share a story that still makes you laugh when you think about it.
- What’s the best conference story from your mission?
- Were there any major turning points for you during your mission?
- Share a story about how your mission helped you prepare for or choose your current career.
- Were there any times when it was especially hard on your loved ones back home? How do they feel about it now?
- Share a story about learning to overcome your nerves when you felt overwhelmed, either during your mission or while you were at the training center.
- Was there anyone you met during your mission who still has a profound impact on your life today?
- Have you ever thought back to your mission to help you through a tough time in your life?
- What’s your favorite mission memory?