At Makebooks LLC (Makebooks LLC), we recognize the sensitivity of the confidential information that you share with our service, and we are firmly committed to protecting your privacy. Your personal information belongs to you alone, and we do not make any claims to own it when you share it with us. We do not sell or rent it to anyone. We are vigilant about preventing unauthorized people from gaining access to it. This policy explains our information gathering and dissemination practices.
How we collect and use information
We collect information in three ways: (1) you share information using the service, (2) you may purchase something from us, and you would give us credit or debit card information to do that, and (3) we collect some information automatically.
We reserve the right to remove any information posted to any Makebooks LLC application for any reason. Normally, we would only do this if we believe, in our judgment, that posted information: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; or (vii) simply isn’t appropriate for a family audience.
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook and Pinterest. Google Analytics and Google Adwords is a web analytics and marketing tool that helps website owners directly market to and understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Personal information that you give us
Applications by Makebooks LLC enable people to discover and share information with one another in Groups. Information about the people who use the website is an integral part of the Makebooks LLC experience. At a minimum, you must give us certain limited personal information to register as a member of Makebooks LLC. The basic personal information we collect from new members, who sign-up for Makebooks LLC, includes:
• A valid and verifiable email address
• A valid and verifiable phone number in some Makebooks LLC Services
• Your digital content and related titles, captions, and annotations.
You will also be required to select a password. Keeping the password secret is your responsibility. We are not responsible if you let the wrong people have your password, although we will do everything we can to help you if you notify us of a password breach.
To personalize your experience on Makebooks LLC and to improve our products and services, we may ask you to provide us with information about your personal or professional interests, demographics and experiences with our products or services. Providing this additional information is optional. If you elect not to share this information with us, it will not affect your access to the service.
If you invite others to join a Makebooks LLC application, or if you create administered accounts for other people, you may be asked to submit to us limited personal information about other people. For example, you may be asked to submit the invitee’s name and email address, and/or phone number. In this circumstance, we only collect your invitee’s name, email address, and phone number.
Also, when you share content from any of your sources, we collect the email addresses, and in some applications the phone number (i.e. Makebooks LLC), of the recipients of any content you have elected to share with others. We will not disclose these email addresses and phone numbers to any third parties. (Please note, however, that these people will be able to forward your email and phone number containing the shared content to other parties, if they choose.)
Financial Information that you give us
We currently do not take any financial information. Some parts of the Makebooks LLC experience are available on a paid, continuous subscription basis, and we also offer products and services for sale through our online store. To facilitate payment, we will request certain required personal information from you, including your personal credit card or debit card information.
When you subscribe to any of the paid portions of our service or when you make a purchase from our online store, we will collect the following personal and financial information from you:
• Billing address
• Shipping address
• Phone number
• Credit/debit card information
• Items purchased
We will not share this financial information with anyone outside of our company, other than the financial institutions involved in processing your payment. We will comply in all respects with applicable consumer credit laws.
Please note: If you click away from our website to visit the site of any third party advertiser or sponsor, you may be asked for your payment card or other personal information in order to purchase or use products and services offered. These companies have their own privacy and data collection practices. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. You should therefore review their privacy notices carefully if you have concerns about how your information may be used.
Information we collect automatically
In addition to the personal information you may provide to us as described above, we automatically collect non-personal information to make Makebooks LLC, and its applications, work better for you. This non-personal information is not associated with information that can identify you. This information helps us evaluate how users and members use our service, such as data analysis, carrying out internal research on how our website is used, audits, developing new products and services, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
The technologies we use to gather this non-personal information include:
• IP Addresses: IP addresses define the Internet location of computers and help us better understand the geographic distribution of our members and manage the performance of our website. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
• Web logs: To learn about how people use our website, we examine Web logs, which show the paths people take through our site and how long they spend in certain areas. We also use Web logs to detect the type of Web browser you are using so that we can optimize the performance of our Web site and understand the mix of browsers used by our members.
• Secure Google authentication: When importing emails, we use secure Google authentication to access and download messages, including reading label settings to import only selected messages. Preserve a Mission does not store email passwords. Only email addresses, selected emails, and selected labels are stored. We may require offline access to maintain connection during the import process.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our members. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of member data under our control. For example our security and privacy practices are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to personal information. We use secure server software to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, although we use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent this.
Your Privacy Rights
When would Makebooks LLC share your personal information with others?
We will share your personal information only in the following ways:
• Makebooks LLC personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Makebooks LLC business.
• Under the protection of appropriate agreements, we use third parties to perform various tasks for us. For example, we will use third parties to process payments from you and to help manage our website and relationships with you. These third-parties are only given access to that information needed to perform their support functions, and are prohibited from using it for other purposes.
• If Makebooks LLC, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
• Except as noted elsewhere in this policy, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
You may remove your information from Makebooks LLC, or any Makebooks LLC application (i.e. Makebooks LLC), at any time.
Just send a request to [email protected] Please allow an appropriate amount of time for us to respond, though we will do all we can to act promptly.
You may “opt out” of email notifications.
Email notifications may vary depending on the Makebooks LLC application Service you are using. In any Makebooks LLC application you use, you can opt-out of each of these notifications either by following the “unsubscribe” links at the bottom of the email, or if you are a member, managing your Email Notifications on the Settings page of your account.
Changes and updates
Attn: Customer Service
6628 Skypointe Drive, Suite 125
Las Vegas, NV 89131